Saturday, October 27, 2012

First Impressions Count! --MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit

Hello you gorgeous thing!

Today's blog post is one, funnily enough, about first impressions on products.
I'm considering making a few of these as we all make snap decisions the first time we try out products and I thought it would be a nice idea to document those decisions and follow up after giving them a fair trial to compare.

The first product in this (perhaps) mini-series is an MUA product.
Personally I love love love love MUA, and as of today (I got back from the shops earlier today, so these are going to be very immediate first impressions..) my local Superdrug gained a little MUA stand. In the past there have been the odd product lying on a rather miscellaneous shelf near all the cheap make-up, but now it has its very own stand! Even though it's only one of the small turning stand by itself, this still excites me very much.

So much so that I brought quite a few things but this post will be focusing on the most unusual addition to my make-up bag; the Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit.
This is quite an unusual product for me because it's my first eye-brow type product (not including good ol' tweezers of course!).

Any-hoo, this cutesy little product comes with mini tweezers, which (for the approx. 10 seconds I used them) seem pretty good, a teeny angled brush, three different shades of powder, a gel/cream and a mirror (as it comes as a little compact).
From what I can gather from the back of the product, the idea is to shape your brows with the tweezers and then use the brush to fill them in, then use the gel for "instant precision" *I would have thought just to help it stay but hey-ho what do I know!*and finally use the palest shade to highlight the brow bone.

---10 minute intermission while I take piccies and try out the product---

Okay then, that was easier than I expected considering I was an eyebrow filling in virgin 10 minutes ago!
I do like this product, filling in your eyebrows makes a huge difference to your make-up, I had no idea. However it does upset my waste-not want-not side to know that there is a shade that I'll never use. As my eyebrows are almost black and so I have to use the darkest shade, the medium shade is going to go untouched.

That's pretty much all I can say as this is only based on first impressions, but it is cute and handy, as it's in a compact, and for £3.00 I can hardly grumble!

So, have you tried this product?
Do you like it?
Would you like more of these "first impressions" posts?
Let me know by commenting or tweet me @looklifebeauty
Love you lots and lots like jelly-tots :)


Beth xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment