Friday, June 08, 2012

a little haul for you :)

Hello there darlings!
Yesterday I did a cheeky bit of shopping that I thought I would share my finds with all you lovely bloggy people out there! The main reason for my sudden need to shop, more than usual I mean, was because I recently had a mahoosive clear out of all my clothes, three black bags altogether shipped off to charity. After this lovely clear out, I discovered that pretty much all of my wardrobe is made up of black, nude, cream or grey, not a very exciting sight I think you'll all agree!

So, as I'm sure you can guess the image in my mind when I headed off to the shops (the Westfield in Derby if you're interested) was "bright colours" or at least something with a real colour on it. Sadly as you're about to see, I didn't follow this brief... Not one little bit!

This is a rather long blog post, so here's a little overview of everything, and if you're interested in any of the items, feel free to carry on reading!


The first shop that I actually found something I liked in, was good ol' Dorothy Perkins. Now I'm not sure if I'm right in saying this so don't hold me to it, but it does seem that whenever I go in (and trust me that is a lot as there is one a two minute walk away from my house, not very healthy for my bank account but very fun!) there is some form of sale on jewellery. My two gorgeous little bargains from there were; a turquoise and gold cross necklace, with a gold chain, and a cutesy little pastel pink and white spotted bow for hair, or to be used as a broach. Both were only £2 and both fully priced were £6.50, a very very good saving, so of course I had to buy them, it would've been poor sense not to ;). Not to mention the fact that these items were the only ones with colour on that I brought.. Oh well, it's all pretty in my eyes!

After a sneaky coffee and scone (shhhh....) at Marks and Sparks, we headed over to Debenhams, not usually a shop that I go into to be honest, but after the depressing sight of my colourless wardrobe I really was prepared to try out everywhere! And it's a blooming good job I did, it was there that I found the love of my life.. or at least my love for the next few weeks anyway! It is of course, a pair of shoes, but not any old shoes, the cutest most perfect shoes I've ever laid my eyes on. At a tiny 5ft2" I really should be a heels gal, but they hurt my feet far too much, I truly think I was destined to be small. Right, back to the bestest shoes ever, they're black, loafer style flats with black diamantes near the toe, doesn't sound that amazing I'll admit, but they're so simply pretty that I just know I shall wear them to death. And at only £20 I'm pretty sure I shall be going back and getting a grey pair!
Right then, I've just tried to find these wonderful ickle shoes online to link them for you all, however I can't find them anywhere! They're by the brand "Head over Heels" and this is the closest I can find, however in the shop I got mine for £20 (I've just double checked the receipt) and there was also a pair in grey, so if you fancy a pair, I can't suggest anything other than nipping in and having a look!



It wouldn't have been a proper shopping trip without popping into Boots, full of shiny new make-up things for me to play with. However it was a very tame visit to be honest, I only brought one thing :(. Yet another Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter, Strawberry Shortcake, a gorgeous baby/pastel-y pink colour. It's currently snuggled along with it's sisters in my make-up bag; Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple and Cotton Candy. If you can't tell, I am in love with these products and I'm slowly but surely working my way through owning all of them, so far I have every one that is sold in my local Boots! If you're reading this and you haven't tried them, why are you sitting reading this?! Run to your nearest Boots, Superdrug, anything and buy one!



Once I had finished staring at all the other pretty colours in Boots, we moved on to the final shop, Vero Moda. Again, this isn't a shop that a frequent that often, it's one of those that I walk past and think "ooh that's pretty..." but to be quite honest with you everything in it has always looked a little too pricey for my liking! But, having said that I did end up buying two items from there, both tops, both on sale and both just as colourless as everything else in my wardrobe! The first item, a cream coloured top with a gold studded collar, in my opinion the exact right mix of quirky and girly, reduced from £25 to £12.


Secondly, and now that I'm looking at them both, pretty much the exact same colour, a slightly sheer baggy/slouchy, bat wing top, not actually sure how much it was originally, but I got it for a measly £10. It's a pretty basic top to be honest but I think I'll get a lot of use out of it, even if it is nothing like what I went for, but hey in my life nothing goes to plan!

Whew, that was awfully long wasn't it? Sorry! I do hope you've seen something you like, and if it was one of the many things I brought on sale (what? I'm not cheap really...) that you are still in time to get it yourself. Oh and don't forget, if you haven't checked out Revlon Lip Butters, where have you been? Go get one now, I won't be doing a review because it seems pointless, every review seems to say the same thing and I agree. I don't like lip glosses but I love love love them. So off you go, buy some :)
Lots and lots of love, Beth xoxoxoxoxoxo.











No comments:

Post a Comment