Sunday, June 17, 2012

review of Herbal Essences hair mask

Hello darling,

*I'm writing this post on the same day as my last one (the Johnson's review), I'm on fire! So proud right now :D*

Why does everyone do an introduction saying "this blog is going to be about..." when it's right there in the title? Hmmm... Sorry little random tangent there :).
This is a review of one of the Herbal Essences hair masks, specifically "Hello Hydration" ;) hope you enjoy!

you can see where I've scooped out the product...
looks a bit gross but you can see it's been loved!
The whole reason I brought this hair mask was because recently I've killed my hair with quite a lot of dye. You can read more about the whole horrific ordeal if you like, I wrote a blog post (a hair raising experience) on it. Back to the point, basically after this my hair was horrible and dry so some definite TLC was needed.

I didn't pick this product myself, I had been complaining about the state of my hair to my Dad and he very very kindly brought this back for me from Co-Op I think. I don't think it is a product I'd of gone to if I had been shopping myself, nothing against the brand or anything, just that it smells like coconut which would immediately put me right off.

Just the slightest smell of coconut normally makes me feel physically ill, not a very nice sentence to be telling you, but true. Saying that though, I do think that this product smells in-bloomin'-credible. So if you've been avoiding it because you don't like coconut, give it a sniff next time you walk past it, if I'm wrong then sorry, no money wasted, but if you agree, buybuybuy!

Okay then, onto the actual product and if it's any good. In a word, yes! My hair was, as I'm sure you can imagine, so dry it would've been a relief to go to the Sahara. I know this isn't gonna sound like a good thing, and trust me at first I didn't think it was, but now my hair gets icky and greasy. Which, although not exactly a plus, does mean that my hair is producing good cleaning stuff and isn't as dry! I'm not saying that this product made my hair go greasy immediately. I just mean that instead of washing it, and it being just horrid and straw-like until I washed and conditioned the crap out of it again, it actually has the ability to get greasy if I don't wash it say, every two days. 

It seems a bit premature to give this product all of the credit, however in the past my hair has taken a helluva lot longer to get back to this condition, and the only thing that I've done any differently has been this wonderful little hair mask.

As it's a hair mask, and not just a conditioner, it's usually suggested to only use it say, once a week, so that your hair doesn't get overly greasy. I do agree with this and recommend not doing it too often, if your hair is just naturally dry. On the other hand, if, like me, you're after a hair mask because you've dyed your hair a lot, or use a lot of heat on it (basically just if you need a little burst of treatment to get it back into a regular condition...) then just use it as much as you feel necessary. Personally at the moment I'm using it with every wash, however mostly concentrating on the lengths and ends, rather than the roots and not using an actual conditioner. Soon though I will be moving to just using it once a week, once I can be sure that my hair will stay in this condition.

Regardless of this though, I do recommend this product to everyone out there. I know there are other products in this range for other hair problems, like split ends and one for making your hair smoother, so whatever your hair care nightmare (oooh rhymes!) is, I'm sure you'll be able to find something.

Just a little side-note, I've tried to find this product to link it for you, however I can't find the right one; "Hello Hydration". But I've seen this product in supermarkets and drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug, so if you fancy it, I'd just keep your eyes peeled :).

I think that's everything!
I do hope you've found this helpful, sorry I couldn't link it but shhh loads of places sell Herbal Essences so it shouldn't be hard to get hold of.
Love you lots and lots like jelly tots! Beth, xoxo












No comments:

Post a Comment