Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"too young"

Hello lovely, this is a bit of an impromptu post about something that has got me rather... not angry, irritated I think is the right word. 
People saying "you're too young for XYZ". 
Obviously I don't mean things like drinking, or getting tattoos, things you literally can be too young for legally. I mean things that require emotional maturity, like being "in love", deciding what job you want, or getting married.
It frustrates me so much when you hear older people, saying "ooh 18 is too young to know what you want to do with your life" or "you can't possible be in love when you're only 15". 
How can anyone determine how many years you have to have been on this planet to make a decision so personal? Does that mean to say that a 5 year old can't love their mum or their best friend? I understand it is a different kind of love, but there are a million kinds of love so who's to say that there is a specific age at which you can experience different kinds. 
The same can be said for deciding what job you want to do, it's absurd to think that you know exactly how someone else feels about something so individual to them. How do you know that 10 year old isn't deadly serious about being a hairdresser, doctor or Prime Minister and willing to put the work in?
Okay I'll stop ranting now, I could go on for pages and pages but that would be fun for no one!
What do you think about it? Do you think you can be "too young" for certain things or is everyone different?
I really would be interested to know, leave your thoughts in the comments :) 
Lots and lots of love (hell yeah I'm only 18 but I love you!) Beth xoxoxoxo 

2 comments:

  1. Well people thought 22 was too young for me to have a baby. Yet you leave it till later in life you're told you're selfish and too old. Live and let live i say. xxxC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just can't win with some people can you! what matters most is when's right for you personally xxx

      Delete